Mortgage Advice in Harrogate – Your LOCAL Mortgage Broker
– EXPERIENCED Mortgage Advice Harrogate
Mortgage Advice in Harrogate & Surrounding Areas
We pride ourselves in the level of service that we provide to our clients when guiding them through the process of buying or remortgage their homes. We always put our clients at the heart of our business and aim to exceed their expectations. Below is how our service works:
1. Initial Contact – We pride ourselves on our responsiveness that’s why you will never be kept “on-hold” or asked to dial a premium rate number. We are open 7 days 8am-10pm, and in the event that we are with a client or are on the phone and are unable to get through the first time when you’ll always get a call or message back within 2 hours. This is the same with our web forms, if you fill in a form we will be in touch within 2 hours unless stated otherwise in your message. We value your business and you will always receive a swift response, Try it and see!
2. FREE Mortgage Consultation – As soon as you make contact with us we will take some brief initial details over the telephone to get an understanding of your individual needs. If there is a good chance that we can help you, we will then make an appointment with you for your FREE Mortgage Consultation, this can be face to face or by telephone.
During this consultation we will take further details about your circumstances and gather a detailed account of your incoming and outgoings. Based on this information we will be able to conduct the research and find the most suitable mortgage that is tailor made to you. It is vital not to waste valuable credit searches and that your income is checked against the lenders online affordability calculators pre-application. Negotiating through this minefield is all part of our mortgage service.
3. Quotation, Advice & Recommendation – Based on the information gathered and provided at the consultation we will then provide you with a written quotation for our recommended mortgage. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and our clients benefit from the Consumer Protection that provides, including a robust Complaints procedure in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong. In addition, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
We take responsibility of the mortgage advice that we provide to you.
4. AIP (Agreement in Principle) – If you are happy to proceed with our recommendation, we will then go and apply for an “Agreement in Principle” to check that you meet the chosen lenders criteria. This will necessitate a credit check which if you pass will then produce an “Agreement in Principle Certificate” which you can then present to an estate agent to prove that you are in a position to proceed.
5. Completing All The Paperwork – Once you have had your offer accepted and are in a position to proceed we will then complete all the necessary paperwork and ensure that everything is done right the first time so your transaction runs as smoothly as possible.
6. Safe & Secure – You can rest assured that all your information is treated private and confidential and it is your right to access any information that we hold about you.
7. Keeping You in The Loop – Once we have submitted your mortgage application to the lender we will provide you with updates at regular intervals as things progress. You can contact us at any time to request an update. Turnaround times vary from lender to lender and things can take longer than expected sometimes, especially if they have been offering very competitive deals as this can affect service standards. We will do all of the chasings on your behalf, take the stress away and make sure things progress as smoothly as possible.
8. Mortgage Offer – Once the lender has carried out their checks and a valuation of the property has taken place a document called a “Mortgage Offer” will be produced. We will check the mortgage offer on your behalf and answer any final questions that you may have.
9. Keeping You Protected – As well as buying your house we want to ensure that nothing life throws at you in the future will put your home at risk. You can minimise those risks by taking out suitable insurance to protect you and your family in the event that you were to become ill or die. Alongside this, we also offer home insurance, as it will be a condition on your mortgage offer that suitable cover is in place from the exchange of contacts. If we arrange this for you we will take the stress away and make sure that your solicitor has a copy of the cover note by email to avoid any last minute hiccups.
10. After sales – We love to see people coming back to us again and again as their circumstances change, and with your consent, we will keep in contact with you post completion. The financial products that we put in place for you at the outset may not be suitable in the future so it is important that we keep everything under review to ensure you remain completely satisfied.